"Blair Athol was built in 1870 for Mr William Campbell, squatter, who lived there until 1883.1 Mr Edward Felstead, formerly of Church Street, Brighton, was resident there in 1890. The Blair Athole estate extended from Hartley Street, formerly Foote's Lane, and Leslie Street, named after a former land owner in the immediate vicinity, to the Brighton Beach railway station. Access was off Foote's Lane. By 1904, William H Felstead, of Beath, Schiess and Company and committee member of the
Citizen's Reform League, was in residence there and in 1906, Mrs Catherine Menzies, lived at Blair Athol. A portion of the estate was subdivided in 1906, and in 1912, following the death of Catherine Menzies, the balance was subdivided.2"